AI tools are not all alike; not only in reliability, but in their efficiency at different tasks. With the ever-changing internet landscape, many people’s New Year’s resolution is to rededicate themselves to their business or website, and adapting to the new tools at one’s disposal is essential. This can be an intimidating prospect with the overabundance of new AI options and optimizations of various open-source artificial intelligence soon to be available in 2024.
While there is a lot of overlap in the utility of these AI tools for digital marketing, finding one that specializes in ways that complement your own improvement goals can be the difference between having a useful tool, and having a game-changer that saves you dozens of hours of manpower every week in research or tasks that could have been automated. Today we’ll take a look at 19 of the best digital marketing tools for AI on the market.
Chief scientist and co-founder of Phrasee Neil Yager claims that computer-generated text is already a large part of our media diet. “In things like weather reports, it’s called data to text,” Yager said. “You take some numbers, like the humidity and temperature, and use an algorithm to automatically spin that into a story [and] you have some simple logic in there. ‘If the temperature is above this, then say that it’s going to be a warm day.’ Robo-journalism is quite a big field.” Phrasee AI, however, specializes in language generation for email marketing, push, and Facebook copy. They promise “more clicks, conversations, and customers with AI Content.” With use by some of the world’s top marketers such as Sephora, Williams Sonoma, Sainsbury’s and GNC, it’s quite likely you’ve come across at least one piece of Phrasee’s artificial intelligence-created content and were none the wiser.
- Pharasee will provide a Demo for free; however not only is there no free version, to find out their price plans you have to contact their sales team.
- With SEO-optimized content that does not read like robot gibberish, one Ebay Creative Director fawned over this AI tool saying, “Technology like Phrasee is to copywriting what Photoshop was to design.”
As ChatGPT 3.5 says in their disclaimer, “ChatGPT may produce inaccurate information about people, places, or facts.” That’s right, it will straight up lie to you sometimes, doubling down when challenged, and occasionally responding with a terse mea culpa.
Manipulating this mercurial minx more effectively can be done, as PCMag describes in its aptly-titled article: That’s Not Right: How to Tell ChatGPT When it’s Wrong.
For some professionals, the shortcomings of 3.5 are sufficient to justify moving up from the free version. For your needs, is it worth it? Companies like Duolingo, Stripe, and Khan Academy are already using it to optimize and deepen a customer’s ability to connect with your business or brand.
- Version 4’s multilingual capabilities have vastly improved, now working in more than 25 languages.
- Being a multimodal model, ChatGPT-4 can process image and text data and make connections impossible in previous iterations. For example, it can view a picture of your open refrigerator and give you recipes using the ingredients it sees.
- Allows nuanced personality options that you can “steer” more intuitively.
- ChatGPT-4’s plus membership still limits messages to 50 every three hours.
- 3.5 remains OpenAI’s free version of their artificial intelligence, with a Chat-GPT “Plus” membership that costs $20 a month and grants access to GPT-4 and new beta features, including browsing plugins and advanced data analysis.
An outreach automator specializing in personalized email generation, Smartwriter.ai claims its AI marketing tools can help you “send 1000 hyper personalized emails per hour.”
- There is no free version, but Smartwriter offers a 7-day free trial that doesn’t require a credit card.
- Boasts many big-name clients, including Uber, Y Combinator Startups, and Stripe.
“Persado AI-generated language outperforms your best copy 96% of the time,” claims their website. Vague qualifiers aside, Persado has shown a proven performance in the generative text, AI-marketing space. CB Insights, a tech market intel company, conducted an in-depth comparative analysis of the various generative text AI marketing tools on the market, and Persado earned a scorecard of 9.8/10, beating its rivals with the closest second almost a point lower.
- Persado uses “Cart Abandonment Software” employing dynamic motivation to increase ecommerce revenue.
- Persado does not publish their pricing on their website, wanting you to request a trial first; however reviews of the service rate their pricing as mid-to-high with plans starting at $3,000.
Optimized for marketing and finance, Jasper’s library of tools boasts more than 30 AI writing tools and generators.
- Free 7-day signup, but membership is required to use after that.
- You have the option of signing up a small team of 3 people for $99 a month or $39 for a single individual, as well as customized plans to be negotiated with their sales team.
Acrolinx provides generative AI that’s like ChatGPT, but better. In Acrlinx’s CEO’s own words:** “When we first encountered ChatGPT, we immediately knew our customers would need another layer of protection against generative AI risk before they could reap the benefits.”** Whether AI Enrich, Acrolinx’s current artificial intelligence, can outperform the newest 4th version of ChatGPT from OpenAI or not, it is still an enterprise-oriented tool highly optimized and trained to assist in content strategy.
- Acrolinx is already integrated with a number of products already on the market, including Adobe Experience Manager, Adobe FrameMaker, Adobe Incopy, Chrome, Edge, Safari, Firefox, GitHub, WordPress, Microsoft Office products, and more.
- You can request a free trial, and after that product consultants will contact you to explain their mystery pricing not listed on their website. However, reviews of their services show Acrolinx is relatively affordable compared to similar AI tools and services.
Offering to help you “transform more conversations into sales, leads, and conversions”, Manychat is a marketing automation and chatbot platform based in San Francisco. Without requiring any coding, it provides tools to create chatbots through channels such as SMS texting, Email, Instagram, Telegram, and WhatsApp.
- They do offer a free version which has a plan that includes up to 1,000 contacts.
- A “Pro” Manychat account starts at $15 a month and includes unlimited direct messages and more tools such as automation and analytics.
6sense’s purpose is to assist revenue teams in discovering their ideal customer profile, and to scale personalized sales and marketing campaigns. This artificial intelligence marketing tool “is built on an embedded CDP that captures, processes, and normalizes the big data needed to drive multi-channel account engagement, power AI-driven predictions, and deliver meaningful insights,” says 6sense’s CEO.
- You have to book a custom demo through their website before they will give your team a pricing quote, however, they have packages for both growing startups and large enterprise clients.
- They do offer a free version that still can make use of 6sense’s tools, but it is limited to 50 credits a month.
Lumen5 is a marketing tool that creates videos and images, including voice, to optimize your website with sleek AI-generated content you transcribe yourself. Using AI and machine learning, you can also use Lumen5 to turn whitepapers, blogs, and any other written content into a video with a single click. It can auto-generate captions to existing video as well.
- Lumen’s “Community” plan, which is their free version.
- Paid accounts come in three tiers: Basic, for $19 a month; Starter for $59 a month; and Professional, $149 per month. They also offer custom enterprise accounts.
MarketMuse is an AI marketing tool that does its best to live up to its name, providing both a structural outline and creative inspiration. Saving real writers from the fear of the blank page and giving more targeted prompts to AI writers, MarketMuse’s goal is to make SEO-optimized content higher-quality and more useful.
- Provides “content briefing” - blueprints that provide structure on topics to cover, links to use, and generally guide your writers so they don’t have to guess what to cover in an article.
- You can sign up for a free trial, but a subscription starts at a minimum of $79 a month.
Still in Beta, and with no free version, Midjourney has wowed the internet with so many randomly intricate and bizarre works of art with the only limit being what prompt you can think of—and how often you can use it.
The art-generating AI has a lower price tag than many of its competitors at $8 a month, with a limit of 200 generations a month. And a monthly plan three times as expensive allows for unlimited “relaxed generations” (where Midjourney’s artificial intelligence takes its time), with 15 hours a month of guaranteed “fast generations” (where your generations take server priority for speedy completion).
- Allows you to “upscale” your favorite images in its results and make variations after the fact
- Because of increased demand, they no longer offer a free trial.
- The Midjourney artificial intelligence is accessed through Discord, an instant message and voice chat service popular among PC gamers.
Though the name may be a little unimaginative, this scrappy startup’s artificial intelligence advertises itself as “AI Writer: Humanlike Blogs.”
- No free version is available.
- Plans start at $250 and include internal and external links to credible sources, QA schema, SEO optimization, embedded tweets, key takeaways, table of contents, and a claim of “being better than even a well-rated native speaking writer that it bypasses AI detection,” according to founder Justin McGill.
With the aim to eliminate manual competitor research, Crayon uses AI-powered analytics to monitor your industry peers and report back relevant intel. What Crayon is most well-known for is their AI-assisted battlecard generators.
According to ProductMarketingAlliance.com, battlecards are ”concise, actional summaries of your product, the market, existing customers, and the competition”, and their job is to equip your sales team with quick-fire responses to questions, queries, or objections a customer might have.
- Crayon integrates with Salesforce and Slack.
- A starter subscription costs $15,000 a year, according to Hubspot, with their prices hidden behind a request for a free estimate.
Optibot, Optimove’s built-in marketing optimization AI designed to create self-optimizing campaigns and, according to their website, “Help marketers maximize the impact of their efforts by combing through customer and campaign data [and] discover performance-boosting opportunities.”
- The platform supports any 1:1 marketing channel, including mobile push messaging, email, FacebookCustomAudience, Google Display Network, website banner ads, call center, and more.
- Optimove’s pricing is based on the number of monthly active customers you have, and you have to request a demo to receive an estimate.
Howler’s artificial intelligence matches the user with “hyper-targeted journalist outreach” and helps to minimize the appearance of being irrelevant to their interests, or worse, spam. They maintain a database of more than half a million journals and categorize them by topics they often write about.
- Howler emphasizes receiving journalist feedback in their strategy of iterative campaigns, gradually improving based on these industry expert’s initial impressions of your campaign
- Howler AI’s automated PR campaigns are enterprise-scale and cost $8,000 monthly with plans that also scale with growth.
CoSchedule provides Calendar-assisted content publishing with AI-powered marketing tools. Their goal is to keep your marketing projects organized in one hub, and plan for optimal times and with what regularity to publish.
- CoSchedule offers a free version that is a limited free calendar tool for individuals with less intensive needs.
- Their Social Calendar for *“limitless social publishing” sports a price tag of $19 a month.
- For their Content Calendar Marketing Suite services, you have to contact their sales department for a personalized quote.
NetBase Quid is a generative AI that aims to give “a holistic view of your customer’s context.” They claim their suite of tools makes them more intuitive and insightful by finding patterns and making concrete predictions to maximize profits.
- Quid claims to have not only advanced text analytics, similar to chat GPT, but does what is called a sentiment analysis in a way that can understand mood shifts and customer context at what they describe as a “granular level”.
- Quid requires requesting a demo to provide a price estimate. Despite lacking a free trial, let alone a free version, many customers have reported NetBase Quid to be competitively priced, with some finding it one of the lower-priced options.
Funded by the deepest of pockets, LA hedge fund Marlin Equity Partners, the Luxembourg-based startup has become a global artificial intelligence brand with one of the highest reputations.
While other AI tools attempt to be a Swiss Army Knife, Talkwalker is singularly focused on social media and making your business or brand optimized to be part of the conversation.
From providing insights based on your social media history, to helping you pop on a trending topic before it’s so popular you can’t stand out. “Future-proof insights,” is what this AI tool boasts it provides, landing major brands like Adidas and Hello Fresh as customers.
- On their website you can request a free demo which includes a demo of Blue Silk™ GPT, Talkwalkers own artificial intelligence optimized to dominate the social media landscape.
- They don’t offer a free version, however, they freely give away their “Talkwalker Alerts” product, which informs you of new conversations you’re mentioned in as they follow your digital footprint across all social media and the internet at large.
SEMrush boasts on its landing page that “[it] is like a keyword research tool, Google Trends, Moz, Hootsuite and SimilarWeb in one.” Certainly one of the more popular AI tools for digital marketers, SEMrush also has the benefit of being a long-established company that is now publicly traded.
With a proven track record, and some huge customers (like Samsung, FedEx, and P&G) SEMrush will remain a popular choice in 2024 among those fearing other fly-by-night artificial intelligence services.
- Boston-based and with more than 13 offices, SEMrush’s customer support is unrivaled - they even have a 1-800 telephone helpline where you can speak to a real human.
- No free version, but they offer a one-week free trial before a $99.95 per month fee.
SEMrush: Comprehensive Digital Marketing Suite
SEMrush is a versatile digital marketing tool, combining keyword research, Google Trends, Moz, Hootsuite, and SimilarWeb functionalities. Trusted by major brands like Samsung, FedEx, and P&G.
- SEO, PPC, content, social media, and competitive research tools
- Extensive keyword database and backlink analysis features
- Robust reporting and data visualization capabilities
- Excellent customer support, including a 1-800 helpline
- Supports multiple user accounts
Which Artificial Intelligence will you be integrating into your life and business?
For individuals, the allure of ever-improving AI can be tempting to rely on. However, one of the most important keys to using AI-powered marketing tools is to know when not to.
From lawyers submitting nonsense legal briefs in court to the sick seeking diagnosis through ChatGPT, too much trust in these tools can have disastrous effects.
However, if you are an online marketer, have way too much data to analyze yourself, and need more content than you can reasonably write yourself to improve your SEO, many of these AI-powered marketing tools will make your life much easier.
Just make sure you do your research - all AI, and more importantly how it is used, is not identical, and you want to make sure you get the most when paying for it.
It's tough to keep up with the ever-changing SEO landscape. But don't worry: Work with the best SEO Agency →
Discover GradientPage, your source for gradient wallpapers. Perfect for any app. Explore Now →
Try MagicBuddy, a chatbot powered by AI. Start chatting now! Visit MagicBuddy →
Write AI-powered content with WrittenLabs. Simple bulk blog generation for SEO and more.Try Today →